Debbie Poulson, MA, LMHC
Care Coordinator/ Case Manager 2010 - Present
Premera Blue Cross ~ Mountlake Terrace, WA
- Utilize the integrated case management model to partner with members, health care providers and member's caregivers to identify and address clinical and non-clinical barriers to member's optimal health.
- Conduct relationship-based assessments and develop collaborative care plans that support member's self-management of their conditions including pre and post discharge follow up.
- Advocate for members and promote self-advocacy; assist members to obtain appropriate quality care within their benefit plan.
- Utilize evidenced-based techniques to promote behavior changes. Monitor member's progress toward goals.
- Provide care coordination between providers for poly-chronic and high-risk members. Facilitate the coordination, communication and collaboration among the member's providers.
- Identify resources in the community or within the member's natural support system to fill any gaps within their benefit plan.
Intake Clinician / Psychiatric Evaluator 2003 – 2010 Fairfax Behavioral Health Hospital ~ Kirkland, WA
Fairfax Hospital is a 99-bed facility that provides acute crisis intervention and stabilization services to youth, adolescents and adults. My responsibilities include:
- Fielding all calls coming into Fairfax hospital, facilitating admission, consulting with patients and their families, directing them to appropriate resources and providing referrals, counseling callers in crisis and contacting law enforcement to intervene when necessary.
- Obtaining authorization for hospitalization from Medicaid and private insurance companies by providing clinical information substantiating medical necessity for inpatient care
- Conducting in-depth psychiatric assessments in the Puget Sound area Medical Hospitals and within Fairfax Hospital. Evaluating patients, who have attempted suicide, are a danger due to suicidal and homicidal ideaion, exhibit debilitating psychosis, or are in crisis due to multitude of stressors.
- Writing affidavits to support involuntary hospitalization and testifying in court if subpoenaed
Psychotherapist 2003 – Present Private Practice ~ Edmonds, WA
- Provide long term in-depth therapy with an emphasis on somatic transformation, utilizing treatment modalities that focus on body/mind awareness, integration and creativity enhancement
- Provide short term insight and action-based treatment for adolescents, adults and couples
Team Counselor, Consultant, Advisor and Program Evaluator 2004 – 2016
Pat Graney Company, Keeping The Faith: The Prison Project ~ Washington Corrections Center for Women & Dochas Center, Dublin, Ireland. Keeping the Faith Transition Program ~ Seattle, WA
Keeping the Faith (KTF) is an integrated arts program designed for incarcerated women using writing, art and movement. I act as team counselor, consultant and evaluator.
Clinician II 2003 Compass Mental Health ~ Everett, WA
- Provide intake assessments and short-term treatment to children, adolescents, adults and families
- Interface with Social Service agencies to assure optimal care for clients
Psychotherapy Intern 2002 Group Health Cooperative, Behavioral Health Unit ~ Redmond, WA:
· Provide intake assessments and short-term therapy for children, adolescents, adults and familiesEDUCATION
- Certified in Somatic-Transformation 2009: This is a body based, relational psychotherapeutic approach to the healing of trauma
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor, State of Washington, (LH00010380) 2006
- Master of Arts, Applied Behavioral Science / System’s Counseling 2002 Leadership Institute of Seattle / Bastyr University ~ Kenmore, WA
- Bachelor of Sciences, Human Development and Family Studies (Cum Laude) 2000 University of Utah ~ Salt Lake City, UT
- Department of Modern Dance 1971 – 1973 University of Utah ~ Salt Lake City, UT
- Performing and Teaching Artist throughout the US and Abroad 1974 - 1997
HONORS & AWARDS
- Luigi Gasperanetti Graduate Studies Scholarship / Career Transition for Dancers 2001
- Phi Kappa Phi Graduate Studies Scholarship 2000
- Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi 1998 - 2000
- Gold Key National Honor Society 1998 - 2000
- President’s List for achieving academic excellence, University of Utah 1998 - 2000
- Elizabeth R. Hayes Modern Dance Scholarship, University of Utah 1971 - 1973
Continuing Education Credits (CEU)
- The Adverse Childhood Experiences Study PESI – Vincent Felitti, MD 9/1/18 CEU: 1
- Psyche and Spirit. Jungian Psychotherapist Association. 4/28/18. CEU: 6
- Ethics: Current Issues and Practical Responses. PESI – Allan Barskey, J.D., MSW, PhD. 3/25/18. CEU 6.25
- Women of Resilience. The American Institute of Medical Education. 2/15-18. CEU: 18
- Somatic Transformation: Subcortical and Cortical Intervention for Trauma Therapy. Sharon Stanley. 7/14/17. CEU: 5
- Somatic Transformation: Sharon Stanley. 4/28/17. CEU:5
- WMCMA annual conference and Expo. WA Medical Case Management Association. 10/13/16. CEU: 2
- Suicide: Essential Guide for Helping Professionals and Educators. Western Schools. 10/24/14. Required every 6 yrs CEU: 8
- Tapping Out of Trauma. Suzanne Fageol, Ph.D and Craig Weiner, DC. Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) 5/30/16. CEU: 19
- Certified Case Manager. Commission for Case Management Certification. 6/1/18 -5/31/23
- Somatic Transformation Practitioner: Sharon Stanley. 2 Yr training Completed 10/11/09. CEU: 108
- Clinical Supervisor: Cascadia Training Completed 2009. CEU:18